Integrated WordPress with AWS RDS On AWS Cloud
What Is RDS?
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching, and backups.
Amazon RDS is available on several database instance types — optimized for memory, performance, or I/O — and provides you with six familiar database engines to choose from, including Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle Database, and SQL Server.
What Is WordPress?
WordPress is open-source software, WordPress was primarily a tool to create a blog, rather than more traditional websites. That hasn’t been true for a long time, though. Nowadays, thanks to changes to the core code, as well as WordPress’ massive ecosystem of plugins and themes, you can create any type of website with WordPress.
🔅 Create an AWS EC2 instance
🔅 Configure the instance with Apache Webserver.
🔅 Download PHP application name “WordPress”.
🔅 As WordPress stores data at the backend in MySQL
Database server. Therefore, you need to setup a
MySQL server using AWS RDS service using Free Tier.
🔅 Provide the endpoint/connection string to the
WordPress application to make it work.
1. Launch an AWS EC2 instance of Redhat to launch WordPress
3. Install httpd using command :
4. Install MySQL using command :
5. Since WordPress uses the latest version of PHP i.e PHP-7.4. Install it by the following commands in the AWS instance :
sudo yum install amazon-linux-extras -y
amazon-linux-extras enable php7.4
6. Download WordPress code from the Internet and Extract it into /var/www/html folder and unzip it
Step 2: Create an RDS database For WordPress
- Open Amazon RDS and click on Create Database
- Select MySQL as the database type
- In the Templates section, choose the Free tier.
- DB instance identifier —
- Master username —
- Master password — Choose a password.
- Confirm password — Confirm the password
- Availability Zone — ap-south-b
- Initial Database Name — database-1